- About BNS
- What's New
- Giving to BNS
- Parent Pages
- Our Other Sites
- Staff Resources
Eat Drink Dance Shop
Eat Drink Dance Shop (EDDS)is the largest fundraising event of the year with the goal of supporting programs at both the Brooklyn New School and the Brooklyn School for Collaborative Studies(our sister school). We ask families to support this fun event by actively participating in the auction planning, donating generously, and soliciting donations from local businesses.
Each year we pick a theme for this event. In 2010 we went Back to the Future and 2011 we celebrated the 70s.
- Date: Friday, May 17th
- Location: BNS/BCS gym (610 Henry Street)
- Buy Tickets - $40 - until April 31st! $50 at the door
- Auction preview coming soon
- Dinner from local restaurants
- Huge dance floor
About the Silent Auction
On the night of the big event, a second auction will occur. This second, live silent auction will include all the items from the online auction, with the minimum bids starting at the final maximum bid from the online portion, as well as any new items that were not available during the online auction, particularly those limited to the BNS/BCS community (e.g., parties, outings, student art, etc.). Any items that did not receive bids during the online auction also will be available for bidding during the second auction. All of the items for both auctions will be available for preview at the online silent auction website, so go to the website often and watch as new items are added daily.
Ways to Contribute to the Auction
- Download a Donation form
- Soliciate donations from your friends! Click here to download the appropriate forms. Copies of these forms are also available in the main office.
Volunteers needed: At this early date, we are still looking for volunteers. If you'd like to volunteer, click here to sign up!
- Donate to the Auction: We need all kinds of donations! Often the most sought-after items are things only you can provide because of a special talent or relationship, such as:
- Music, dance or art lessons, craft lessons, yoga or Pilates classes, personal training sessions.
- Artwork, photography, artisan jewelry, sports memorabilia, a custom gift basket, a hand-knit sweater, a hand-sewn quilt, a gourmet cooking basket.
- A weekend at a cabin or vacation home, tickets to sporting events, music, or theatre tickets.
Private tours of the firehouse, the zoo, the ballpark, the theatre, outings with your family.
- Professional services, including legal, computer, financial, architectural, landscaping design, bodywork, personal organizing, interior design, home repair.
To purchase tickets, please click here.
Tickets are $40 in advance, $50 at the door.